Professional services and managed services make up the two service-based divisions of the perimeter security market. Instead of spending a fortune on expensive gear and on-premises software, users may use cutting-edge video surveillance equipment and management systems with managed services at a reasonable cost.
Managed services allow SMEs to pay for just the features they need without having to pay for all of them. Additionally, managed service features contribute to raising the amount of perimeter security available.
Natural barriers or artificial fortifications that detect intrusions into a location under watch and notify the guards so they may respond appropriately are known as perimeter security. A perimeter security system keeps intruders out and hostages inside the guarded area to deter burglary and damage. The combined electrical and mechanical components that make up perimeter security systems include concertinas, tactical radars, video sensors, sensor cables, fences with sensors, and microwave and infrared barriers.
What does perimeter security mean?
Systems and technology that safeguard persons and property inside a building and its grounds by preventing unauthorized physical breaches over the perimeter are referred to as physical perimeter security.
The holistic site and property perimeter, such as the fence line, the inner territory perimeter, such as specific buildings or important infrastructure, the building façade perimeter, or the external building shell, and the internal perimeter, such as internal space where restricted access is required, should all be equipped to protect the boundary. Each layer should aid in preventing, detecting, and delaying incursion.
Technology advancements over the previous ten years have contributed to the expansion of perimeter security systems. Perimeter security solutions are now used in places like commercial and residential sites, retail spaces, transportation sites, and many other urban and remote locations. Historically, these solutions were used to prevent and detect intrusions in military facilities, critical infrastructure, and other high-risk sites.
Key Industry Insights & Findings from the report:
- System integration and consulting services assist companies in developing prospects that foster high performance and quicken company innovation, opening up new market potential.
- Over the projection period, the sector for video surveillance systems is predicted to develop at the quickest rate.
- The market for video surveillance systems is being driven by increased worries about public security and safety, rising demand for spy cameras, and rising IP camera use.
- In 2022, the military & defense end-use category contributed the most to worldwide revenue.
- Due to the expanding infrastructure projects, the Asia Pacific regional market is anticipated to see the quickest CAGR throughout the projected period.
Browse for more information
Some Important Factors in perimeter security market
- The perimeter security market was estimated to be worth USD 58.37 billion in 2021 and is anticipated to grow to be worth USD 135.78 billion by 2029, at a CAGR of 11.13% over the forecast period of 2022–2029, according to Data Bridge Market Research.
- In recent years, perimeter security systems have changed as a result of technology breakthroughs. Intruders were mostly prevented and detected using these technologies at military installations, key infrastructure sites, and other high-security places. However, there is growing interest in using these systems in a number of locations, including urban and suburban regions, transit hubs, shopping malls, and more.
Perimeter Security Market Growth & Trends
Due to the significant expenditures made by several countries in smart infrastructure projects, the video surveillance systems sector is anticipated to see the quickest CAGR over the projected period. The necessity to increase safety and security across numerous industries is a major factor in the market’s expansion. Due to substantial developments in cloud hosting and video surveillance software, the surveillance industry has transformed in contrast to the previous ten years. Over the course of the forecast period, the market for alarms and notification systems is anticipated to expand slowly. Over the next eight years, the maintenance and support systems are expected to increase the quickest. Major applications for perimeter security systems are anticipated in the transportation end-use sector.
About Data Bridge Market Research
A market research and consulting firm called Data Bridge offers both syndicated and bespoke research reports as well as consulting services. More than 425 analysts and consultants work for the organization, which annually adds more than 21000 market research studies to its enormous database. These studies provide comprehensive analyses of 46 sectors across 25 important nations. Data Bridge Market Research assists businesses and prestigious academic institutions in understanding the local and international business environment and assessing the opportunities that lie ahead with the use of an interactive market intelligence platform.